April 14, 2017
Today’s “Our Past Is Present” is a continuation of information about our historic buildings in downtown Junction City. The information being shared today is about the Sargent Building at 710 N. Washington Street. W.W. Sargent the Sargent Drug Store in a single-story wood frame building on this site in 1865. This building, which was constructed in 1907, bears the Sargent name and both dates. W.W. Sargent was succeeded by his son, Linden S. Sargent, who became the first to sell Coca Cola in Kansas. Linden’s son, Leslie W. Sargent, ran the business until 1941, when it became the Mensen Zuck Pharmacy and later Al’s Drug Store until 1967. Stop by and take a look at this building and the others talked about in this week’s “Our Past Is Present”.